01. Your live journal "user name" & what it means:
Umm. I'd recently gotten an album called "entwined & entranced" by Govinda that I was listening to a lot. I needed an account name for a cablemodem, and entwined was taken... the n just sorta popped in there from this, that, and the other. I've been using it on accounts since then, and haven't gotten sick of it yet... (that was two or three years ago).
02. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how well does your livejournal represent who you actually are?:
I honestly have very little clue. Maybe someone who knows me RL could answer better. I don't censor much, but I don't post every waking thought. I'm not really sure what drives me to post what I do; there's little rhyme or reason (I think it's mostly driven by mood swings). So call it a 7 for the hell of it. I like 7. :)
03. How much about your life do you post to lj?:
I think overall I post most of my life; not every detail, but anything that makes me thing (that I remember to post), and.. other stuff occasionally, that really has little or nothing to do with thinking.
04. Is there anything you refuse to post about?:
Not really. I do my best not to incriminate myself too solidly.
05. On a scale of 1-10 how interesting do you think your own journal is to others?:
What is up with this? On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your ego?
I have a healthy ego, thanks. :)
06. From who/how did you find out about lj?:
From reptilian_lace, who I met online through a singles matching service thing. How weird is that?
07. Has anyone ever joined lj because of you?:
08. What proportion of your posts are friends only?:
One post so far has been friends-only. none private.
09. What is your favorite interest on lj?:
I don't really understand this. What do I prefer to read about? What interest do I find the people I know on LJ share? Umm.
Eh, what interests me is consciousness, the mind, the brain, the body... electronics, computers, dreams... math, physics, thinking... that sums it up pretty solidly.
10. Has anything on lj ever caused you to establish, rethink, or even change your belief or position on something?:
I don't think so.
11. How often do you respond / comment on other peoples journals?:
varies according to mood, circumstances, time available... (and whether a "me too" would be appreciated or lame given the post/person)
12. Do you prefer to write in your journal, read other journals?:
I prefer to write; I prefer to write with an audience and enter dialogues. I don't often have anything to write about, so I read. I enjoy reading. And I can enter dialogues in that manner as well. Sometimes reading gives me something to write about. Sometimes reading and commenting gets other folks to comment on what I've written. Such is life.
13. Have you ever had something mean said to you or been stalked, harassed, or got into an argument/flame war on lj (or did it to someone else)?:
14. Have you ever banned someone from your journal?:
Security through obscurity. Or just not caring. Those both tend to work. ;)
15. Who are your favorite lj friend(s) and why?:
They're all favorites for some reason or another or I wouldn't read their posts -- they all give a different outlook on life, or add something new, or... :)
16. How many of your LJ friends have you actually met?
Hmm. I'm not entirely sure. :) 16 out of 38, I think. But some I met I hardly know, and some I've never met I know better than most of the folks I know (outside of lj). So this is more of a "trivia" answer.
17. Of all of the people on lj you know of, who is the most like you?:
Hm. I was going to say there wasn't anyone on here that I identified THAT strongly with, but I suppose there's a couple folks I feel kinship to in one manner or another. But then, not. parts of this or parts of that. We all could be me in one shape or another. (well, not all of us, but a large portion of folks). I don't feel like I'm stating clearly what I mean to be, but it's there (I hope).
18. Why are you most likely to add someone to your friends list?:
If they've posted something interesting in a community I'm part of or on a friend's journal (or my own), or added me as a friend, then I'll go read through their posts. If there's a good dollop of "interesting" and not too much "blah", and not TOO MUCH all together (10 posts a day is a sure way to keep me from trying to keep up)... then I'll probably link them for a while. If their posting isn't what I was thinking it was, I'll probably drop them after a couple weeks (or months, depending on how lazy I'm feeling and how much they're writing).
19. Do you automatically add friends to your journal if they add you first?:
20. What is the most likely reason you wouldn't add someone to your friends list?:
21. Is your "significant other" on lj?:
22. Have you ever wanted to meet someone on lj?:
Sometimes it's interesting to meet strange folks and flesh out their existence some in your mind. :)